Project Management for Instructional Designers (PM4ID) is – as the name suggests – a book about project management tailored specifically for instructional designers. This book is a revise / remix of a pre-existing, openly licensed project management textbook which was donated to the commons by a benefactor that desires to be attributed as Anonymous.
PM4ID includes many new features and improvements to the original book, including:
- Alignment of book chapters with the PMBOK, which supports readers in preparing for the Project Management Professional certification,
- A series of video cases of project managers working in the instructional design area, integrated into every chapter,
- Multiple versions of the book, including HTML, PDF, and a text-to-speech mp3 audio version of the book,
- New examples written specifically for readers coming from the instructional design perspective,
- and more.
The third edition of Project Management for Instructional Designers was adapted to EdTech Books as part of Royce Kimmons' IPT 531: Introduction to Open Education class at Brigham Young University during Fall term 2022. Contributors included:
- Bobbie Sandberg
- Royce Kimmons
- Rebecca Zundel
The second edition of Project Management for Instructional Designers was created by students in David Wiley’s IPT 682: Introduction to Project Management class at Brigham Young University during Fall term 2012. The team included:
- Geri Clements
- Jeffery Drysdale
- Jenifer Francis
- Buck Harrison
- Joseph Rino
- Jared Robinson
- Aaron Snyder
The first edition of Project Management for Instructional Designers was created by students in David Wiley’s IPT 682: Introduction to Project Management class at Brigham Young University during Fall term 2011. The team included:
- Maya Amado
- Kevin Ashton
- Scott Ashton
- Jay Bostwick
- Vera Nan
- Tony Nisse
- Dan Randall
If you or your class would like to help improve Project Management for Instructional Designers, contact David Wiley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
License and Rights
Project Management for Instructional Designers is published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license. This license states that:
You are free:
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix — to adapt, revise, and improve the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
When attributing derivatives of Project Management for Instructional Designers, please use the following attribution:
Amado, M., Ashton, K., Ashton, S., Bostwick, J., Clements, G., Drysdale, J., Francis, J., Harrison, B., Nan, V., Nisse, A., Randall, D., Rino, J., Robinson, J., Snyder, A., Wiley, D., & Anonymous. (DATE). Project Management for Instructional Designers. Retrieved from http://pm4id.org/. Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike (BY-NC-SA) license.
The cover image for PM4ID is Let’s Fly! by Hamed Saber.